Friday 17 November 2017

Bhavantarana (Immanence)







Bhavantarana (“Immanence”)

Director: Kumar Shahani
Year: 1991
“The point is, no film can be made on other arts as if it were some sort of social scientific question. You have to transform and violate the other art to some extent; through juxtaposition and montage, you violate the unity of that particular work, and you have to, because unless you do that you cannot achieve a kind of transcendence. As Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra said of my film, it is not a film ‘on’ him, but something which goes beyond him and beyond gestures; it is an interpretation.”
– Kumar Shahani.

Here is the video:







3 comments:

  1. Trust Fani has passed without too much damage, and you all are ship-shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uncle, if I was fortunate enough to get a baby girl- I was sure to name her Sanjukta! :) Not that I am unfortunate, now when I have a baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete