Sunday 1 January 2012

What Is New, Yaar?

I wish all of you A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. :)))))))))))))))

I am reminded of a cartoon by the Late Mario Miranda titled 'What is new, Yaar' published in The Economic Times years ago. Mario died a few days ago and The ET published a few articles on the the renowned cartoonist. The paper also reprinted this cartoon first published on a new year's day. The characters in this series were the business tycoon Boss, his buxom secretary Miss Foensca, his politician friend the bulky Mr. Bundaldass, the film actress Miss Nimbupani and a beggar with a street dog. The beggar used to sit on the street near Boss's office. Boss used to have occasional conversations with the beggar. In this particular cartoon, the beggar is sleeping on a newspaper of new year's day and Boss asks the beggar "What is new, yaar?"

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Arun.

    I viewed Mario Miranda's picture with the help of the link provided by you.

    It has opened a new world for me. the Photo Blog of Rajan Parrikar. The posts are so enjoyable! I have book marked link to view the photos regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I Dint know at all!! :P :(


    By the way, Happpppy new year Uncle :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arun,
    I have been enjoying the photo blog of Rajan Parrikar.

    Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete